Albert Corsets - 7

ALBERT'S AVENUE

Albert Corsets, for elegance, tight lacing and waist training.


EDITION SEVEN


More about Annalai
(Click thumbnails for full-sized)
 

 

In Edition 6 of this Avenue (January 2004), I introduced Annalai from Sweden. I had made a corset for her because she is such a motivated and continuous corset wearer. She loves corsets, and loves to improve her figure with them! In fact she would love to model Victorian clothes. Maybe museums are interested, or readers may have a suggestion?

I reported that she had been wearing her leather corset since 10 December 2003. Annalai has continued to wear that same black leather corset for 97 percent of the time since, day and night. The remaining 3 percent is when she showers. So she has scarcely been out of this corset during the last five months!

Training Progress

In December the tightest Annalai could wear the corset closed was 45,8 cm (18 inches), for just one hour or so, enough for taking some pictures. (By the way: all measures are over the corset!)

In January, her everyday waist was 48 cm and a bit looser at night. Now, in the middle of May 2004 she ordinarily wears her corset at 46,7 cm (18 3/8 inches) all day long. So Annalai’s progress after some four months is 1,3 cm (1/2 inches) or so. That is great! One can absolutely not expect that such a rapid reduction rate can continue in the next four months!

The shape of the upper body of the corset is a smooth cone, lacking an indented wasp waist. As a consequence, when reducing the waist, the ribs must be bent in at the same time. Because the rib area is more resistant to compression than the waist area, Annalai is doing more rib training than waist training! Her ribs did hurt a bit, now and then, but not very often anymore. To complete the statistics: Annalai’s hip size is 93 cm (36 ˝ inches).
 

Annalai’s experience indicates that below about 50 cm (about 20 inches) every cm (two-fifths of an inch) is a great step forward! And below 48 cm every half-cm is a real milestone. After having taken a shower, the corset must be laced in increments, spread out over one or two hours, to get back from 48 cm to 46,7 cm. After that procedure, Annalai feels just fine.



Daily activities
 
In general, Annalai experiences only minor limitations from wearing a tight corset. She does all housekeeping activities, drives her car, walks the stairs, etc. At 47,5 cm she has no problems with breathing, but at 46,7 cm (18 3/8 inches) she has a bit of a problem walking fast over a long distance (at the moment!). That situation will probably improve soon. Playing badminton is not so easy. Skip-rope jumping is no problem. Annalai has not experienced any health problems.



Amazing!

Annalai deserves great praise because she laces a corset that has no front closure, all by herself. There is no help from a partner! She puts the laces in while the backside of the corset is in the front of her body, swivels the corset around, and pulls the laces when they are in the back, taking care that the chemise is smoothly spread out under the corset. She also manages to put the lace protector in place and keep it there while lacing. After the corset is closed, she tightens the shoulder straps (affixed in the back) to the top-front of the corset. The shoulder straps provide Annalai with a good posture at all times. It is almost unbelievable that she manages to do this all on her own, and despite her very long nails!


About the pictures

Some more pictures are presented here, taken partly in January and partly in March. The picture that shows Annalai lying down on the bed in her corset with golden decoration was taken while she was resting from picture-taking, still laced in her corset to 45,8 cm (18 inch). It was the first day that she had the corset on, and it was not easy. But many will enjoy this snapshot, I am sure!

One picture shows the tape measure around Annalai’s waist at 46,2 cm (= 18 3/16 inch); a value that she could stand for some hours, back in March. Annalai has a picture album on the Yahoo group called: ‘Corset College’. For those who are interested in older pictures: look there.

Finally...

We thank those who have responded to Edition 6. We hope that we have answered all mail!

Again, I would like to thank Thomas Lierse for his great work on his Staylace site, and on this Avenue! Feel free to write to albertcst@hotmail.com
  with questions, advice, or remarks!  
      
Albert
  


EDITION EIGHT

OTHER EDITIONS